Senior Design Manager
Job type: 12m Fixed Term Contract. Maternity Cover.
Location: Stratford, London
London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC) is seeking a Senior Design Manager for the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and the wider LLDC area.
The Senior Design Manager plays an important role in helping to ensure high quality design is consistently provided across the Legacy Corporation’s projects.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Advising the planning authority on design and architectural aspects of third-party applicant’s proposals within the LLDC area. This may include details and contextual analysis.
- Producing high quality design briefs, design proposals, feasibility design studies and design guidance.
- Procuring and managing consultants, advisors, design teams and suppliers/contractors for works in relation to project development and delivery, drawing upon best practice and professional standards.
- Leading and managing design solutions and delivery of complex development projects. Managing design teams to successfully navigate stakeholder issues and site constraints.
- Applicants for this role will be chartered within Architecture and have experience of managing UK projects through the whole lifecycle from concept ideas through to site management and delivery.
- A good knowledge of the LLDC area and the neighbouring communities would be advantageous. Strong diplomacy and relationship management skills are key, including the ability to cultivate strong relationships and to effectively manage a range of complex and diverse stakeholders.
In return LLDC can offer you a fantastic benefits package including; incremental performance-based pay, local government pension, 32 days annual leave, flexible and agile working as well as a fantastic opportunity to be involved in such a London landmark destination.
For a confidential discussion about this role, contact Stephen Glands on 020 7318 5891 or apply by email with a CV to email@example.com or click on apply now.
Macdonald and Company have been retained by LLDC – accordingly all direct and third-party applications will be forwarded to Macdonald & Company for shortlisting.
At LLDC we appreciate that you want a flexible approach to working, it’s about giving our employees the opportunity to be adaptable and embrace new ways of working to improve our productivity and performance. This role will be considered for flexible working if required, which could be either job share, part time hours, home working or compressed hours.
We especially welcome applications from underrepresented groups including BAME, disabled and female candidates. **
* this is inclusive of a market supplement – Macdonald & Company can provide further information.